Easy Astrology For Dum-Dum Stupid-Heads
Sidereal Astrology is very useful, but very complex. It's spread out over a large number of pages and it's rather hard to follow. But it is NOT hard to do! So, here's a short way to astrologize.
Things Astrology Can Do
These are the blessings or curses you can apply to your targets.
- -1 TN to a roll related to the blessing
- -1 difficulty to a roll related to the blessing
- regain 1 WP for a successful task related to the blessing
- +1 dice to a Virtue roll related to the blessing
- +1 TN to a roll related to the blessing
- +1 difficulty to a roll related to the blessing
- loose 1 WP for a failed task related to the blessing
- -1 dice to a Virtue roll related to the blessing
How to Make Astrology Happen
There are really only a few steps in Astrology, but I'll break them down into groups. These rolls happen in succession. No skipping around.
Preperation Paperwork And Such
- Planning Destinies - Int + Fate-Craft, difficulty of Highest Essence Being you want to target. Takes 1 day
- Computing Horoscopes - Int + Occult, difficulty 1. Successes limited to Planning Successes.
- Ritual Behavior - add 1 effect dice for wearing the trappings of the sign for 3 days prior to starting work.
Making the Petition
- Petition Roll - roll Wits + Linguistics, difficulty 2.
- Co-signatures - +1 die to Petition roll per Sidereal who helps.
- Counter-signatures - +3 dice to Petition roll with successful prayer roll to Head of Division
- Time - add 1 die per day spent writing. Max 3 dice.
- Stunts - add 1-3 dice.
- Basic Prayer Roll - Charisma + Performance, difficulty 6.
- -1 difficulty for your own Maiden's Colleges.
- -2 difficulty if Petition roll got 2 or more successes
- -2 ADDITIONAL difficulty if Petition roll got 4 or more successes
- Basic Effect Roll - College + Essence, difficulty 1. Spend 1 WP which doesn't add a success.
- add Petition Successes / 3 bonus dice
- add Planning Successes / 3 bonus dice
- add Horoscope Successes / 3 bonus dice
- add any dice gained from Ritual Behavior
- for any extra Sidereals helping out, add their Essence in dice. They must have Co-signed.
Using Effect Dice
You have a pool of Effect Points equal to the final successes on your Effect Roll. Split them between Scope, Duration and Power.
Rolling for Paradox
Roll 1 die, plus as many extra Paradox Dice as you accumulated from excessive Power, Scope or Duration. Add successes to your Paradox track.