Thirteen "Excuse me. We were made to serve. We were meant to rule."
In the First Age, a sickness grew at the heart of the Solar Deliberative. From the highest of heights, the Solars cast themselves down into the Abyss, and dragged the world down with them.
In the Second Age, a new darkness arises and the natural order is overturned. Powers beyond imagining have chosen this day to return and work their wills upon Creation, heedless of the consequences. As great forces align, one glimmer of hope emerges, lost and forgotten from the Age before...
Now those who tore down the world must build it anew.
Sol Invictus - A Chronicle of Solars Ascendant
Sol Invictus is a chronicle featuring high-Essence Solars, run to playtest the Sol Invictus fansupplement:
Characters were created using 60 bonus points, 17 background points, and 25 starting Charms.
And Previously Featuring:
- NAMES, the NPC Authority and Major Essentials System
Add a character
The Lurker's Guide to Sol Invictus: a brief guide to the unique elements of the SI setting.
Book One - Sol Ascendant - The Dawn of Civilization (
⚠ (:showhide init=hide div=book1 div2=book1sum:))
Zahara, Rannath, Markuran, and Birds of Trinity -- the Solars who have carved out a southeastern kingdom they call the Sunlands -- are introduced. They have their first encounters with the fae and Deathlords, and meet an enigmatic Solar named Cerin, who joins them -- and becomes entangled with Zahara. Seemingly random events draw the Solars into a conspiracy known as the Order of the Red Lily, led by one Lai Misuna. Cerin meets with Lai -- his secret boss -- who warns him against allowing the Solars to journey to Rathess.
- Gossamer Flower - The curtain rises to see our heroes attacked by bizzare vegetation and confronted by a strange messenger... (B5, C0, M6, R5, Z6)
- Marukani Plains - Rannath, Markuran and Birds Of Trinity make battle with the Mask's forces on the Marukani Plains (B1, C1, M1, R1, Z0)
- Deathlord Diplomacy - The Circle receives a disturbing invitation, one of diplomacy from the Mask Of Winters... (B4, C4, M4, R0, Z5)
- Summoning Lucien - Calling forth Lucien goes more than slightly wrong for Zahara and Markuran... (B0, C1, M1, R0, Z1)
- Wyld Hunt Fight - Travelling to retrieve a meteorite, the circle is ambushed by a small wyld hunt... (B1, C1, M1, R0, Z1)
- Underworld Battle - The undead horde attacks! (B4, C4, M4, R0, Z5)
- Wyld Hunt Hunt 1 - After finding a villiage destroyed, Cerin, Marku and Birds set out to track the remains of the Wyld Hunt. (B1, C1, M1, R0, Z0)
- The Three Lights - Swift and terrible vengance is exercised upon gods who destroyed a villiage. (B5, C5, M6, R5, Z5)
- Essence Flows - Cerin and Zahara (and Marku) investigate the essence flows in Relovia, to aid in the construction of essence blocking collars. (B0, C1, M1, R0, Z1)
- Essence Flows 2 - Cerin, Rannath and Zahara track down a lunar and provoke it to fight, that Cerin might obvserve its essence flows. (B0, C1, M0, R1, Z1)
- Loose Ends - A breakin at the Labyrinth Cascade is investigated (B4, C5, M4, R4, Z4)
- Interior Decorating - Marku and Zahara start to plan Cerin's rooms, the Cerin and Zahara go to relax as the Gilmyne dances (B0, C2, M1, R1, Z2)
- Birds Learns Something New - and so does Zahara too. (B2, C2, M2, R0, Z2)
- Meeting With Lai - Cerin meets with Lai Misuna, and receives instruction about what next to do. (B0, C1, M0, R0, Z0)
Book Two - Jupiter Rising - Knocking on Heaven's Door (
⚠ (:showhide init=hide div=book2 div2=book2sum:))
The Solars journey to the abandoned Dragon-King city of Rathess and uncover that the Red Lily has the tools to allow any God to create Exalts. The existence of the Hundredfold -- ancient races of Primordial, essence-wielding beings -- and their animosity towards humanity is revealed, and Birds and Cerin visit the home of the aalorai, one such race. The Solars discover the existence of a network of teleportation gates spanning creation (and meet Herons, a Sidereal Exalted who claims to own them.) No one seems too upset that Cerin used to work for the Red Lily. A conquest plan by the Mask of Winters backfires and the Solars find themselves ruling one-eighth of Creation. Tomb Raiding in Rathess reveals the Solars' First Age incarnations, raising questions as to Marku's and Cerin's seemingly evil First Age acts. The Solars finally decide to journey to heaven for the Carnival of Meeting, there to learn more of the strange events going on around them.
- Discovering Rathess - A huge explosion draws the circle to Rathess. (B5, C6, M5, R5, Z5)
- Meeting With Ssithumi - Cerin meets with Ssithumi to discuss his previous life and other topics. (B0, C1, M0, R0, Z0)
- Garden Conversation - Rannath and Birds talk about subverting the faiths of the world with their own, new faith. (B1, C0, M0, R1, Z0)
- Tomb Raiding - Cerin, Markuran and Zahara learn of the great Necropolis of Rathess and happily go off to desecrate Zahara's tomb. (B0, C1, M1, R0, Z1)
- A Revelation - Cerin reveals his complicity with Lai Misuna to Zahara. (B0, C1, M0, R0, Z1)
- Essence Flows 3 - Cerin, Markuran and Zahara fight against an Abyssal to gather more information and return home with a new guest. (B0, C1, M1, R0, Z1)
- The Red Dagger - Cerin uses a laboratory in Rathess to investigate the strange weapon given to him by Lai.
- Essence Flows 4 - The Abyssal has beeen captured and now Cerin and Zahara are working on his prison..arrangements. (B0, C1, M1, R0, Z1)
- When Yeddim Attack - Cerin and Markuran respond to pleas from villagers to hunt down some nasty Yeddim. (B0, C1, M1, R0, Z0)
- Summoning Lucien 2 - Zahara summons Lucien once more, to unearth traitors within the Sunlands. (B0, C1, M0, R0, Z1)
- Greater Lipid Mass - Cerin, Zahara, and Markuran investigate an Alchemical demesne -- and bargain with its bizarre inhabitants. (B0, C1, M1, R0, Z1)
- A Romantic Dinner - Cerin and Zahara plot further, over a nice meal of roast yeddim. (B0, C1, M0, R0, Z1)
- A Revelation 2 - Cerin and Zahara reveal Bertrand to Rannath, who reacts with rage. (B0, C1, M0, R1, Z1)
- War With Lookshy - The Mask of Winters uses the oaths sworn by his new ally nations to bring them into war with Lookshy; the Circle seeks to undo the damage. (B6, C6, M6, R0, Z6)
- Meeting With Ssithumi 2 - Cerin speaks to Ssithumi again, and she gives him a task. (B0, C0, M0, R0, Z0)
- Meeting With Grala - Cerin speaks to Grala, Mistress of the Hunt, in search of clues. (B0, C1, M0, R0, Z0)
- Island Hopping - Cerin, Zahara, and Markuran examine the gate which Seven Herons Leaping used, and after getting a little lost, learn how to control it. (B0, C2, M2, R0, Z2)
- Grapes - What didn't happen in this session? rumours, sidereals, new Exalts and a call to duel! (B5, C4, M4, R0, Z4)
- Rathess Promise - Cerin and Zahara talk with Ssithumi about the Aalorai. Cerin makes a promise. (B0, C1, M0, R0, Z1)
- Talk at Dawn - Zahara and Cerin speak with Markuran regarding the impending duel with Birds. (B0, C1, M1, R0, Z1)
- Damsel in Distress - A flashback to their first trip to the Cascade, Zahara, Cerin and Markuran deal with a Lunar who as kidnapped a young woman. (B0, C1, M1, R0, Z1)
- The Duel at Dawn - Markuran and Birds have it out, but with kindness and understanding! (B1, C0, M1, R0, Z0)
- Exalt Chitchat - Cerin talks with Birds about his theories on the new Exalts (B1, C1, M0, R0, Z0)
- Revelations of Many Kinds - Cerin's background comes to light as the Circle plans to deal with the Aalorai. Markuran gets a new look. No one seems interested about anything. (B4, C5, M4, R0, Z4)
- Marku and Zahara Craft - Marku and Zahara set to work making weapons of incrediable lethality to all beings who wield essence.
- Rathess Library - Zahara and Cerin go seeking ancient lore, and find it in a library in rathess. (B0, C1, M0, R0, Z1)
- Markurans Tomb - Markuran, Cerin and Zahara explore the tomb of Kiraith the Deceiver. Markuran unleashes a great evil on the world.(B0, C2, M2, R0, Z2)
- Island of the Aalorai - Birds and Cerin continue their scouting. (B0, C1, M0, R0, Z1)
- MarkuransTomb2 - Markuran and Zahara return to his tomb, to see what the ..spirit left behind. (B0, C0, M1, R0, Z1)
- Carnival Fever - The Circle travels to Yu-Shan, for the Carnival of Meeting. (B5, C4, M4, R4, Z4)
- Lion Wrestling - Markuran and Selonis have their wrestling match and after an embarassing start, the fun ensues! (B0, C1, M1, Z0)
- After the Match - Marku and Selonis enjoy Celestial Wine and other fine dining as they converse about weird and arcane matters. (B0, C0, M1, Z0)
- Iallu the Ten Faceted - Birds joins Marku as he follows up a suggestion from Selonis. They learn much of the Hundredfold from a freaky-deaky crystal goddess. Birds makes a friend. (B2, C0, M2, Z0)
- Talking with the Petrok - Cerin has a discussion with some of the Heaven-bound Dragon-Kings and gains their help for Rathess. (B0, C1, M0, Z0)
- A Series of Conversations - Cerin talks with Marku, they are joined by Birds. Later, Zahara, Cerin and Marku find Birds face down in the punch. Cerin and Zahara are informed of the deal with Iallu. (B1, C1, M1, Z1)
- The Tomb Of Ymir - Cerin, Zahara and Marku go to find the tomb of Ymir, the bearer of Cerin's spark in the previous age. What they find is ...unusual and somewhat disturbing. (B0, C1, M1, Z1)
- City Underground - Cerin takes Zahara to a city below the ground, where Cerin once travelled with Lai. Its almost entirely looted, except for one small room...(B0, C1, M0, Z1)
Book Three - Lunar Vespertine - Bark at the Moon (
⚠ (:showhide init=hide div=book3 div2=book3sum:))
The intent of the Red Lily conspiracy -- to invade all of Creation with a vast army of God-Exalts -- is revealed. The Solars gain new allies in Heaven and earth, and Cerin investigates a horrifying undead menace. Marku seeks aid from the Lunars. Faced with the horrors being unleashed on Creation, the Solars seek out numerous new alliances, and resolve an old enmity with a cunning fae.
- Islands In The Sky - The Lily's plot is revealed and the circle explores the islands of glass...(B5, C6, M5, Z5)
- Deep City - Continueing their explorations, Cerin and Zahara find another city below...(C1, Z1)
- Let Your Soul Unwind - In trying to entice the Krala to join the empire, Cerin, Zahara and Marku are informed of the Mysterious Man of the Woods. (C1, M1, Z1)
- Solar Circle Sorcery - Zahara undergoes the trial and emerges having learned Solar Circle Sorcery. (Z2)
- Sky Webs - Cerin consults Marku about the possibility of building webs in the dragonlines to capture stray essence for study. (C1, M1)
- Dream Time Questions - Cerin approached Zahara in her dreams, to speak with her and ask of some things. (C1, Z1)
- Dynasty Hunters - Cerin and Mark track down and capture some Dragonblooded (C1, M1)
- Shadowed Unlife Equation - Cerin investigates the rumours of undead to the south...(C2)
- Vesthar Valley - The circle calls to visit Staaklon and the petrok. (B5, C4, M5, Z4)
- Talking About The Shadow - Talking about the Shadowed Unlife Equation (B4, C4, M4, Z4)
- Seeking Luna - Marku goes in search of on of Luna's Chosen. (M1)
- Many Meetings - Rovash arrives, then the Mask of Winters, then Herons. (B4, C5, M4, Z4)
- The Fairy And The Ghost - Rovash emerges from the white room and calls his lost love. (B6, C6, M7, Z6)
- Night Time Talks - Cerin explains to Zahara what was revealed to him in heaven. (C1,Z1)
- Personality Prism - Cerin visits Marku to talk about disguise artifacts. (C1, M1)
- Talk In The White Room - Cerin talks in the white room with Zahara on things of some import. (C1, Z1)
- Father Of Snakes - Searching for a gem, the lair of the father of snakes is trespassed upon. (C1, M1, Z1)
- Harbourhead - A group of immaculates investigate Harbourhead. (B4, C4, M4, Z4)
- Seeking Allies - The Circle seeks aid in the war that will soon be upon it. Zahara talks to the Xi-Ma-Taxi. (C4, M4, Z5)
- Grala Agrees - Grala reluctantly agrees to give aid to the Circle at Markuran and Cerin's pressing. (C1,M1)
- Farewell Gift - Cerin says farewell to Zahara before departing for Juche. (C1, Z1)
Book Four - Sol Resplendent - The Unbearable Lightness of Being (
⚠ (:showhide init=hide div=book4 div2=book4sum:))
Everyone gets involved in their own unpleasant business: Cerin looks into his First Age past, Zahara recruits an Abyssal, and Marku learns that the Sun isn't on his side. The Circle comes together to defeat a Malfean unleashed upon the South. An aalorai gets born and becomes Zahara's pet. Kai, a mysterious new Solar -- with a dark sword -- appears, to much suspicion. The Circle's double agent from within the Realm reports that all out civil-war has broken out, supported by the Red Lily -- and that Realm forces are attacking the Sunlands. God-Exalts attack the Solars in their home.
- Nexus And Lookshy - Birds and Zahara travel to Lookshy, Cerin and Marku to Nexus, A new allyis gained. (B4, C5, K4, M4, Z4)
- Shadowed Unlife Solution - The Shadowed Unlife Equation is dealt with. (B4, C4, K4, M5, Z4)
- Revear And Shining - Zahara gains a pet, Shining is revisited (B4, C4, K4, M4, Z5)
- Books In The Garden - Cerin talks with Birds about her remarkable books (B1, C1)
- The Talk - Zahara and Cerin have the Talk with Marku. (C1, M1, Z1)
- Manse Redesign - Birds talks with Marku about a small alteration for the manse. scene unfinished (B1, M1)
- Of Times Gone By - Cerin converses with Ssithumi about the past. scene unfinished (C1)
- Invasion Of The Realm - Relovia returns with worrying news. (B5, C5, K4, M4, Z4)
- Knives Of Kasima - Exalts of Kasima the Knife try to kill the circle. (B4, C4, K4, M4, Z4)
Book Five - Sol Descendant - The Sunset of Our Glory (
⚠ (:showhide init=hide div=book5 div2=book5sum:))
The Solars begin to take the fight to the Lily, raiding a manse and capturing a God to learn of the Exaltation proces. The Solars gather resources necessary to build an army, and, with a recipe now in hand, begin to collect the parts needed to create God-Exalts of their own. The Lily counterattack into the Solars' home, and the invasion of Creation officially begins.
- Red Lily Manse - The Circle attacks the Red Lily Manse within its boarders. (B4, C4, K4, M4, Z4)
- Seeking Mines - Birds and Cerin go hunting after rumours of an Orichalcum Mime. (B1, C1)
- Rovak Hartrunner - Acting on information from the Rumour Goddess Zahara met in heaven, the circle deals with Rovak. (B4, C4, M4, Z4)
- The Empty City One - The circle ventures to Denandsor, seeking rumours of the Hematite Legion. (B4, C4, K4, M4, Z4)
- The Empty City Two - Guardians are dealt with, and the General found. (B4, C4, K4, M4, Z4)
- Meeting With Selonis - Marku meets with Selonis in an Isle of Glass, and comes away with an unformed concept.
- Sea of Icons - The other Solars return with Marku to the Sea of Icons, where they discuss the Sun and other matters with Selonis.
- The Silver Pact - Serenal the Lunar returns and the Solars follow her to Lachu Atapis, home of the Silver Pact.
- Lachu Atapis - While Marku's honor is tested elsewhere, Serenal gives the other Solars a tour of the city.
- Test of Honor - The Lunar elders send Marku into a strange phantasmagorical world where his honor is tested.
- The Test Completed - The other Solars discuss matters further with Serenal; then, Marku returns from his test.
- Regarding Herons - Cerin and Zahara chat about his trip and about Herons' trustworthiness.
- The Test's Aftermath - Marku tells the other Solars about his test; the Solars return home and begin planning for future action.
- Serenal's Tattoo - Markuran and Zahara give Serenal her tattoo.
- Into The Wyld - The Solars journey into the Wyld to gather an ingredient for Exaltation -- and to confront Zahara's nemesis Tevezt.
- About the Faith - Marku and Birds briefly discuss the Faith Ecliptic.
- In the Realm - Realm soldiers become involved in the civil war. scene unfinished
- Out From the Wyld - The Solars complete their confrontation with Tevezt and return to safety.
- Trouble At Home - The Solars begin their journey home from the Wyld. Cerin spies a unit of Lily troops! The forest around the Cascade is burned down! The Cascade's river spirit is gone! Certain personal details emerge about Kai!
Book Six - Starless Night - Life During Wartime (
⚠ (:showhide init=hide div=book6 div2=book6sum:))
An encounter with a demon (who's out for Kai's sword) leaves Zahara temporarily dead. The Solars continue their journey throughout Creation and beyond, encountering new Hundredfold, another circle of Solars, and constant evidence of Red Lily treachery. Everyone discovers that Kai's previous incarnation was the first Deathlord. An unsuccessful attempt is made on a Red Lily God's life. Marku's struggle with his past ends as the spirit he released from his tomb possesses him, just as the Sidereals are massacred and the Solars recruit a Dragon-Blooded general. While foiling further infernal plots, the Solars discover that their First Age incarnations are more connected to the current threat than they believed, and Cerin discovers the first traces of the Thousand-Faced Man. The Solars dig further into the mysteries with the aid of secret goddess Iallu.
- Into the Fray - Cerin hides inside Selonis' belly in order to be smuggled into Heaven; meanwhile, the others sneak into the Realm, where they're attacked by Hundredfold and Reshina, a demon who's after Kai.
- A Close Shave - Reshina kills Zahara stone dead. Cerin arrives in the nick of time.
- Into the West - The Solars grill Kai more about her various secrets, then steal a boat from the Realm and head out into the ocean.
- The Plains of Elysion - The Solars journey to Elysion, discover new life, and go off to fight a horrific beast.
- Elysion Part Two - The Solars defeat the horrible creature, meet the Lords of Elysion, and all is right with the world.
- An Island of Danger - The Solars put their boat up to port, only to discover that everyone is gone. Then the Aalorai attack. They meet another circle of strange Solars on the way out.
- The Uttermost West - The Solars escape from the aalorai. They discover the majesty of the Water Pole (and get a good look at Dana'ad). Then they encounter some Red Lily pirates.
- Killing Ahlat - The Solars setup their ambush; Ahlat shows up and the fight begins.
- Pirates Arr - The Solars dispose of the pirates, and plunder their booty. They return home only to find their house impolitely invaded again and a nearly-dead Herons dumped in the fountain.
- Ahlat Escapes - Ahlat escapes. Everyone is disappointed.
- The Soulfont - The Solars journey to Letheon and discover the true source of all life. It is pretty.
- The War Room - The Solars talk strategy.
- Marku's Rose - Kai and Marku journey with Relovia to meet with the Roseblack. Lily troops attack and Marku is repossessed by the spirit from his tomb. Kai manages to avoid fighting the Roseblack's entire army.
- Bedside Chat With Herons - Cerin and Zahara find out what they can from Herons, then journey to the Chrysanthemum to search for the missing Orrery of Lights.
- Aftermath - Zahara and Cerin explore the empty halls of the Chrysanthemum and bump into an ally. Kai lets them know that the Roseblack wants a job.
- Bread and Visions - After discussing what to do about Marku and coming to some logical -- but brand new -- conclusions about how to deal with Lai, the Solars practice divination, and discover intriguing -- and scary -- things about their First Age lives.
**Kai Chats, Redux? - Kai sleeps on the matter and then comes back with a whole slew of new questions.
- Return to Nexus - The Circle discusses their latest information regarding the First Age mystery, then journeys to Nexus where a contact from Kai's past provides yet more info.
- Rathess Library Chats - Kai and Cerin chat with Ssithumi while Zahara digs into the stacks.
- Journey to Estoc - Cerin talks over some history with the slowly recovering Herons, then follows his intuition through the gate and winds up in Estoc.
- The Evil Tree - The Solars encounter the Cult of Laerad and defeat their attempt to create a new, more evil pole of Wood.
- Heart of Darkness - Cerin investigates the Laerad cultists operating in the far East, and explores their hideout.
- Tomb Raiding 4 - Birds has a sudden urge and it leads the ladies of the group directly to Alahwi's tomb.
- Temple of Unfeeling Ice - Journeying to the North, the Solars surprise Iallu but eventually coax her out for an intriguing conversation. 150 logs. xp to here.
Book Seven - Mars Aflame - Princes of the Universe (
⚠ (:showhide init=hide div=book7 div2=book7sum:))
Cerin is kidnapped to receive an infernal offer from the Thousand-Faced Man while the other Solars meet stubborn Solar tactician Thirteen. Shortly after the Solars are also introduced to the boy-like Zenith Luc and the Circle's previously steady group dynamics are thrown for a loop. After some initial trust is established, Thirteen rolls out an elaborate plan to actually strike a deep blow against the Lily, and the Solars begin to put it into motion.
- A Shuffling of Solars - Cerin disappears on his way through the portal! The irrepressibly difficult Thirteen Flowers Blooming mysteriously arrives, and tensions mount!
- Enter Luc - Ssithumi introduces Lucent Copper Haze to the Circle. Thirteen and Luc are introduced to ... Ikara.
- Fighting Force Friction - Luc and Thirteen get into to a disagreement over the Scorpion Guard. Kai announces the Sabre's formation
- Discussions Of Blasphemy - Birds returns and the Circle discusses the possibility of marching on the Sun.
- Planting Trees - Thirteen and Zahara plant a tree together, signifying their trust of each other.
Book Eight - Saturn Retrograde - Dust in the Wind (
⚠ (:showhide init=hide div=book8 div2=book8sum:))
The Solars spring their trap for the Lily, which seems to go fairly well, if not without complications. The Circle detours to Hell to rescue Kai (who's had her evil sword swapped for a good one) and then resumes their plot. In the North the Solars seize the Lily's powerful weapon-city and Kai thoroughly kills her father's murderer. In the South the Solars destroy Gem, meet a ludicrously powerful elemental, and take out another of Lai's co-conspirators. Then there's a shift in goals as the Solars rush to rescue the lost Seals of the Deliberative in the face of the upcoming eclipse, acquiring one in the plane of Xara.
- Trapping Flowers Amongst Blooms - The Circle springs their trap on the Lily in Chaya around the Summer Palace
- Mopping Up The Flowers - The Lily's that came to defend Chaya are defeated.
- Visiting A Tower In Hell - The Circle ventures to one of the Isles of Ash to rescue Kai
- Leaving A Tower In Hell - Mission accomplished, the Circle Withdraws. While Cerin has a look around.
- Crystal War City Of The North - The Circle assaults Crystal in the far North. The city tries to run away.
- To The Control Center - The Circle fights there way through Crystal to the control room. 180logs xp to here.
- Shikaya Falls - The Circle does battle with Shikaya in the control of Crystal
- To The Utmost North - Having slain Lai Misuna's second-in-command with extreme vengeance and wrested control of her flying mecha city, the Solars find themselves once again in between immediate excitements...
- Gem Gets Destroyed - The Circle blows up Gem. It had to happen sooner or later.
- Talking With A Dragons Weapon - The Circle converses further with Ata'la, who had been slumbering below Gem.
- Back In The North - Iallu is visted. Then scared.
- To Xara And Beyond - To Xara, and beyond. Almost. lump values so xpscript works. (B171, C207, Z190, K169, T86, L64)
- Murder On The Dance Floor - The Solars attend a ball in honour of their visit. Unfortunately, three people explode (Almost). (C4,L4,Z4,B4,T4,K4)
- The End Of The Dance - Discussions at the end of the dance (C4,L4,Z4,B4,T4,K4)
- A Murder Solved - In a way, at least. (C4,L4,Z4,B4,T4)
- The Conspiracy Revealed - The Arbiter takes the the Solars to heart of Xara. (C4,L4,Z4,B4,T4)
- Exit, Stage Left - The Solars Abscond with the seal right in front of the Fifth Lineage. (C4,L4,Z4,B4,T4)
Book Nine - Cauda Draconis - Welcome to the Machine (
⚠ (:showhide init=hide div=book9 div2=book9sum:))
The Circle rethinks its plans and manages to locate another Seal in the plane of Atomnos. There they discover a complex and elaborate society gripped in elaborate civil war. When they reach the bottom of everything they discover that one of the Primordials who had allied with the Incarna in the Primordial War has betrayed them to the Yozi, and that he is the source of the Lily's Exaltation technique. In seeking the meaning of these events, the Circle is confronted with the evidence that Sol Invictus has turned against them utterly and Luc leaves on pilgrimage, needing some time to think things over.
log putting xp (C2)
- Atomnos, The Alchemical Realm - Guided by Cerin, the circle visits Atomnos. (C4,L4,Z4,B4,T4)
- Barely Arrived, And Told To Leave - Not that they listen. (C4,L4,Z4,B4,T4)
- A Exchange Is Offered - The Seal for the destruction of a neighbour. (C4,L4,Z4,B4,T4)
- Grazim Has Been Wronged Too - Visiting the neighbour, a similar story is heard. (C4,L4,Z4,B4,T4)
- Ships Are So Much More Dignified Than Walking - After interrogating a Jade Caste, the Circle resolves to visit Avixos (C4,L4,Z4,B4,T4)
- Exit, Stage Right - The Circle steals the Eclipse Seal from under Atomnos' Nose (C4,L4,Z4,B4,T4)
- Homecomings And Recollections - All is not as it should be when the Circle returns home. (C4,L4,Z4,B4,T4)
Book Ten - Sol Undone - Symphony of Destruction (
⚠ (:showhide init=hide div=book10 div2=book10sum:))
Birds, Thirteen and Cerin head to Rathess where they make some unusual discoveries, as Zahara leaves to seek Third Circle Summoning and instead is captured by the demon Jugartha. The Solars journey to Wasirru where Thirteen discovers the sad state of the Spearfolk. Zahara is shackled without Essence and tortured by cruel Lunar general Akuna and her surprise jailer -- the possessed Markuran. Thirteen journeys towards the Spire to meet the Wasirranu, then chooses to exile the Bone Dagger Kings rather than slay them. Zahara manages to send a message (though she learns it's part of the Lily's plan), and Cerin is separated from the other Solars as he comes to rescue her. When Thirteen arrives late he discovers the Sunlands in peril, and is assisted by newly-arrived solar Imrama; meanwhile, a standoff occurs between Marku, Cerin, and Zahara, and in the end Zahara is freed while Cerin gives in to infernalism.
- The Parting Of The Ways - Plans are discussed in the normal way. Over breakfast. (B4,C4,L4,T4,Z4)
- Climbing The Great Tree - Thirteen finds homecoming is not all that he hoped (B4,C4,T4)
- Dealing With A Demon - Zahara seeks the secret of Third Circle Summoning, but receives a surprise instead (Z1)
- Venturing Ever Higher - Thirteen and his compatriots journey upwards, and battle the Bone Dagger Kings for the first time (B4,C4,T4)
- Friends, Old And New - Zahara awakens in captivity of Lunar general Akuna Ravdash -- and discovers that Markuran is her jailer (Z4)
- A Sun Inside - After a long time, Lucent meets once more with the Dragon of Fire, and is filled with purpose anew. (L4)
- Haze Around Lucent - Before Wasirru, Zahara and Thirteen discuss their suspicions of Lucent (T1, Z1)
- Sesselje Explorations - Akuna visits Zahara again and taunts her for her refusal to submit (Z1)
- Ordeal At The Crown - Thirteen and company journey to the Spire of Wasirru, where they battle ashk-alla (B,C4,T4)
- Messenger Of Fire - Zahara summons a fire butterfly to aid her in her escape (Z4)
- The Legacy Of Wei-Dan - Thirteen enters the tomb of Wei-Dan and learns of his heritage (B1,C1,T1)
- Talk Of Flowers - The Solars interrogate Ikara before deputizing her to rule Xara in their stead (C1,T1,Z1)
- The Suns Long Shadow - Lucent and the Mask of Winters have a long, extremely edifying conversation. (L8)
- Bone Dagger Kings Removed - Thirteen seeks to destroy the Bone Dagger Kings, but instead relocates them (B4,C4,T4)
- A Sighting Of The Bear - Akuna reveals the failure of Zee's plan; Marku shows off his human side (Z4)
- Golden Branches Of The Tree - Thirteen learns more of his heritage from the Wasirranu (T1)
- Word From Meru - Relovia arrives in Wasirru, bearing a message from Zahara (B1,C1)
- Akuna Parts - Akuna tries once more to encourage Zahara to switch sides, before releasing her messenger (Z1)
- Void/Flame - After travelling through the black to find Zahara, Cerin finds his fate ends in the flames of sacrifice. (C4, Z4)
- Flame/Void - Thirteen returns to fire in Solaria, the city under attack. The attack is fought off, before Zahara's return brings darkness. (B4,I4,T4)
Book Eleven - Realignment - A Wolf at the Door (
⚠ (:showhide init=hide div=book11 div2=book11sum:))
Cerin the Wolf falls into Infernalism, while Lucent returns from Thorns with a new understanding of the Malfeans -- to great suspicion from his circlemates. Imrama learns more of the Circle's operations and allies as he seeks his own place in the Sunlands. Zahara reforges herself in a new form. The Circle parlays with Lai Misuna and arranges for a meeting with Cerin and Markuran. The Solars rescue Ssithumi from near-death, and learn the origins of the Primordial conspiracy; at the meeting, the plan to capture Cerin fails, and he kills Markuran and escapes, but leaves an important gift for Zahara. Zee and Imrama quest into the Wyld and learn how Cerin might be saved; in order to do so, Zahara confronts Tevezst and wins back her capacity to care. Birds undergoes her own makeover; the Circle swaps favors with the Western Solars; a funeral is held for the destroyed Solar shards, and final preparations for the eclipse are completed.
- A Wanderer Returns - Lucent returns, bringing darkness. Darkness and light. (B4,I4,L4,T4,Z4)
- The Secret Is Ours - Marku and Cerin perform errands: fetching the secret of Immortality, Azure Wind's bracers, and Tepet Arada. (C4)
- A Taste Of Strawberries - Lucent teaches Crow about fun. (L1)
- Promises Exchanged - Birds and Lucent exchange promises. (B1,L1)
- You Are Lucent Copper Haze - But who is he? (L1,T1)
- Apologises And Encouragement - Luc brings some comfort (L1,Z1)
- Flock Of Birds - Birds talks of rising from the ashes (B1,T1)
- A Bold Plan - Zahara has a bold new plan for her love's return (T1,Z1)
- Even A Monster Can Do The Right Thing - Zahara is honest with Luc (L1,Z1)
- Tulips Are For Forgiveness - Birds and Zahara talk in the garden (B1,Z1)
- A Flaw in the Heart - Imrama and Luc stumble upon a worrisome problem with their kind. (I1,L1)
- What Hangs Over The World - Cerin meets Surkha, the Scarlet Empress... and her retinue. (C1)
- Plans and Negotiations - Imrama plots with Belladonna; the Circle has a tense negotiation with Lai, and arranges a meeting with Cerin. (B4,I4,L4,T4,Z4)
- Shards of the Past - Preparing for the meeting with Cerin, the Solars rescue Ssithumi from death, and learn of the Threefold Breaking. (B4,I4,L4,T4,Z4)
- The Worst Possible Thing A Chosen Can Do Is Fail - The meeting with the lost Solars starts out okay -- but in the end, Cerin kills Marku and escapes.(B4,C4,I4,L4,T4)
- Waiting In The Wings - The other Solars wait nervously to enter the meeting with Cerin.
- I Cannot Answer To That Name - Imrama suggests an idea for the faith to Luc.(I1,L1)
- Visions Of Red - Cerin and Surkha are alone. (C1)
- Mr. Iggles-lux We Have A Very Important Guest Aboard Ship - A vision quest into the Wyld, searching for answers... (L1,I1)
- We Were Graced With An Answer - The Circle discusses the vision quest (I1,L1,T1,Z1)
- Cerin The Wolf, And A World Left To Love Him In - Zahara regains her heart. (Z1)
- In The Overgrown Garden - Birds undergoes a transformation. (B1)
- Find the Monsters - With her new heart, Zahara goes looking for Lucent (L1,Z1)
- A Gift of Eyes - Zahara grants Thirteen a great gift. Sight. (T1,Z1)
- Have You Considered Dating First? - Lucent comes to Zahara with his troubles with Birds (L1,Z1)
- So Much Has Been Lost - Stolen, Broken, Forgotten. (B4,I4,L4,T4,Z4)
- In the Dark With Ashes - People talk to, and about, Ashes (B1,L1,T1,Z1)
- Becoming the Pillar - Lucent and Thirteen discuss their issues with each other (L1,T1)
- I Just Get So Angry Sometimes - Imrama calls in on Bertrand (I1)
- Xara's Reconstruction - ... and then on Ikara (I1)
- The World Around Us - It is too important. (L1,Z1)
- A Geomantic Trap - Imrama and Phoenix discuss things, including their mutual enemy - the Manse. (B1,I1)
- Uncertainties - Phoenix visits Lucent, who apologises (B1,L1)
- Bearing A Gift Basket - for Ssithumi. (I1)
- Plucked From A Flower ... - ... which blossomed in Hell. (C1)
Book Twelve - Calibration - Total Eclipse of the Heart (
⚠ (:showhide init=hide div=book12 div2=book12sum:))
In separate groups, Cerin and the Solars journey into the Imperial Manse. Thirteen makes a shady bargain with Siram to gain the knowledge he needs to defeat Lai. Cerin enters the Manse to secure it for his evil masters. The Solar party fractures over trust issues with Lucent, until his plan -- and Cerin's destiny -- come together and deposit everyone in the ancient past. In the First Age, the Solars discover the truth behind Talmuda's murder, while Cerin enjoys a moment of freedom with his previous incarnation. Back in the present, the Solars gather the last shard from the lost city of Rintoko. Zahara uses the Chime of Ages to free Cerin of infernalism, while the others defeat Lai. The Nightblossom reveal themselves to the world, and the Solars flee. After difficult planning, the Solars return and allow Thirteen to die -- creating a distraction so they can destroy the Ebon Dragon forever as he emerges. The Primordial dead, the Solars call upon the Immaculate Dragons and, with their aid, defeat the Nightblossom and usher in the Third Age.
- For the Glory of the Primordials - Cerin begins his exploration of the Imperial Manse. (C4)
- Into the Auric Temple - The foretold Eclipse begins, and the Solars journey into the Imperial Manse for the first time. (B4, I4, L4, T4, Z4)
- Try Not to Breathe - Thirteen, Phoenix, and Imrama journey off in one direction... (B4, I4, T4)
- Refine Ourselves in the Eradication of Dirt - Trapped in the past, the Solars debase themselves in pursuit of lost knowledge. (I4, K4, L4, T4, Z4)
- Something Went Wrong - The still-mortal Solars witness Talmuda's murder, and Lucent is saved from Infernalism. (I4, L4, T4, Z4)
- It's Still Just a Hunch - Zahara chats with Saraj before each departs for their Eclipse missions. (Z1)
- Step Through The Past - Cerin finds himself in the past, and temporarily absent Nyx's influence -- then has a chat with Ymir. (C4)
- The Lost City of Rintoko - Back in the present, one party travels at last to Rintoko and recovers a shard from an unhelpful Malakim. (I4, L4, Z4)
- Undo the Future - Cerin returns to the present, and resumes his master's bidding. (C4)
- My Destiny Will Be Achieved This Day - Meanwhile, the other party pits the Manse's explorers against one another in search of Lai. (B4, K4, T4)
- The Empress Returns - The Solars reunite again, and Lai Misuna is finally defeated... but a much greater threat presents itself. (B4, C4, I4, K4, L4, T4, Z4)
- The Maw of Primordial Evil - The Solars flee the Scarlet Empress, and on the homefront, long-simmering tensions spill out. (B4,C4,I4,L4,T4,Z4)
- A Little Spot of Nothing - The Solars speak of the new threats that Calibration has wrought. (B4,C4,I4,L4,T4,Z4)
- A Reunion of Ninjas - Cerin entrusts Ahina with the first steps in his plan for the Shadows Resplendent. (C1)
- Admiral Longwhiskers the Third - Imrama and Phoenix speak of hopes for the future. Imrama gains a kitten. (B1,I1)
- The Emblem of Strangling Ivy - Imrama checks in with Belladonna, then heads with Thirteen to speak to Vanileth -- then Imrama remembers something rather troubling.(I1,T1)
- I Think The Scales Need To Be Balanced - Cerin and Zahara discuss their encounters with Ymir. (C1,Z1)
- There Are Two Kinds of War - Phoenix and Zahara have a quick, inconclusive chat. Zahara still feels hurt! (B1,Z1)
- Much to Do and See Before Us - Phoenix tours the Fable, and speaks to Imrama of the sickness in Zahara's heart. (B1,I1)
- We Have Already Established That I Do Not Understand You - Phoenix and Thirteen haltingly try to communicate. (B1,T1)
- Chased by Shadows - The Solars return for Arathi, and flee the shadow of the Ebon Dragon. (I1,L1,Z1)
- A Deadly Plan - The Solars hatch a plan to defeat Nyx riskier than any they've tried before. (B4,C4,I4,L4,T4,Z4)
- Thirteen Dies - The Solars engage Surkha in combat, Thirteen perishes... and Nyx is reborn into the world. (B4,C4,I4,L4,T4,Z4)
- The Young Dragon Falls - Thirteen is revived, and with the Realm Grid at their command, the Solars put a final end to the Ebon Dragon.(B4,C4,I4,L4,T4,Z4)
- The Dawn of the Third Age - The ultimate battle for control of Creation is fought with the Nightblossom. Guest-starring the Immaculate Dragons. (B4,C4,I4,L4,T4,Z4)
Book Thirteen - New Beginning - Everybody Wants To Rule The World (
⚠ (:showhide init=hide div=book13 div2=book13sum:))
The Solars wrestle to come to terms with the events of the Eclipse. Rule of the Blessed Isle is given to Tepet Ejava, the Viridian Queen, and give Xara to Mnemom. As the Solars plan for the Deliberative, Zahara meets Markuran's reincarnation and goes in disguise amongst her people. A doctrinal dispute amongst the Dragon Kings is resolved. The dark secrets of Saraya the Western Solar are revealed, leading the Solars to "Rannath," actually the Sidereal Fierce Red Star, who had hidden amongst them in secret for years. They learn of the fate of the Incarna Pluto (hidden deep inside Netheos' sun), and encounter the Locust Crusade, Atomnos' invasion force for Meru. Finally, the Solars invite representatives to join them in the newly formed Deliberative.
- Congratulations On Your Promotion - Zahara and co. grant the Emerald Throne to Ejava, then pay the Mouth of Peace a visit. (I4,T4,Z4)
- A Warrior At Heart - Zahara tracks down Markuran's reincarnation, but leaves on an uncertain note. (Z1)
- A Daughter's Ascent - Imrama and Thirteen offer Mnemon a new job -- in Xara. (I1,T1)
- Plans For a New Season - There's much to do in the world of the Third Age; the Solars discuss a few parts of it. (B4,C4,I4,L4,T4,Z4)
- Saraya's Secrets - The mysterious leavings of Saraya are examined by the Solars, leading them towards the Orrery -- and Rannath. (B1, C1, I1, T1)
- Visiting Varex - Cerin visits the floating city he once called home, long ago. (C1)
- A Changing of Regents - Thirteen and Imrama travel to Xara and exchange Mnemon for Ikara; Rannath's identity is discussed. (I1, T1)
- The True Path Speaks - Imrama speaks to Anjax regarding the Eledathi Dragon-Kings' needs, and learns of their conflict with Rathess. (I1)
- I May Have Offended You Also - Luc and Cerin chat, both hoping to make amends. (C1, L1)
- A Return to Thunders - Imrama calls upon Zahara's expertise and bond with Ssithumi in solving the Dragon-King problem -- once again over tea. (I1, Z1)
- Flushing Out A Rat - Phoenix and Thirteen work with Ikara to discover Rannath's location. (B4, T4)
- The Children of Gaia - Imrama and Zahara learn Ssithumi's side of the story, then call out to other Dragon-Kings to join them. (I4, Z4)
- Who's A Bigger Jerk - Nesula catches up with Zahara once again; they both try to avoid the mistakes of the past. (Z1)
- A Theological Dispute - The Dragon-King meeting! Secrets are revealed! Wits are battled! Murders are again committed in the past! (B4, I4, T4, Z4)
- What Happens to Gem - The necrotic energies in Gem's ruins lead onwards to another mystery. (I4, L4, T4)
- A Fierce Red Star - Rannath's identity is revealed, but his answers about his origins only lead to further questions. (B4, C4, I4, T4, Z4)
- The Corpse of a God - Further investigations in Netheos lead to a horrifying discovery -- the dead remnants of Pluto. (C4, I4, L4, Z4)
- A Battle Over A Sheep - The Solars address the refugee problem and discover the Mask of Winters' secret weapon. (B4, C4, I4, L4, Z4)
- Healing the Land - The group discuss the details of the Deliberative, then off to rescue a Shadowland! (C4, I4, L4, Z4)
- A Plague of Locusts - The Solars find that the Locust Crusade is disinclined towards negotiation. (I4, L4, Z4)
- Deliberations - Plans for the Deliberative, and the Locust Crusade, are discussed. (I4, L4, Z4)
- Drinks With A Head - Zahara meets with Ebon Blade, and receives news of an anti-Solar cult. (Z1)
- Please Present Your Case - The Solars begin the arduous Deliberative interview process -- and a new Solar turns up! (B4, C4, I4, L4, V4, Z4)
- Who Do You Represent? - The second wave of representatives come about the Deliberative. (B4, I4, L4, V4, Z4)
- The Final Delegates - The final two visitors arrive, bearing the most momentous news. (B4, C4, I4, L4, Z4)
Book Fourteen - Bone Machine - Death Is Not The End (
⚠ (:showhide init=hide div=book14 div2=book14sum:))
Varanim integrates herself into the circle. Cerin gains authority over the celestial gods after speaking with Sol Invictus. A black sliver appears on the sun, concerning everyone. The Circle visits Tesearah, where all thoughts are revealed, and finds the Orrery of Lights. Nesula introduces Verbena, another new Solar, to the group. Varanim investigates a mystery presence in her Hearthstone. Zahara discovers that her family suffers from an ancient death curse, then finds her frozen ancestor in Tara Zhan Keep. The Second Herald arrives and the Solars eventually defeat it, but Imrama is left near death. Varanim and Luc engage in vigorous debate about the importance of past lives. Thirteen engages in a trip of self-actualization, and is reborn. The Solars accept help from the Doctor to fix Imrama's condition, and agree to journey to Netheos to acquire payment. They resurrect the dead god Pluto, bringing the Shadeborn back into existence.
- A Matter of Nomenclature - Cerin and Imrama combine forces to learn the names of various beings. (C1, I1)
- So Be It - Cerin's trip into the Jade Pleasure Dome leads him into an unexpected conversation. (C1)
- Something is Wrong - Varanim gets the grand tour -- but an odd sight interrupts the visit to the garden. (B1, I1, V1, Z1)
- Moving In - Varanim moves in to her new digs. (C1, V1, Z1)
- The Shroud of Eternities - Freshly returned from Heaven, Cerin discusses his findings with Imrama. (C1, I1)
- The Land of Frozen Death - Cerin tests out a theory, with Imrama's help. (C1, I1)
- An Assignment, Under Cover - Telani is given her assignment. (C1)
- A Cloak of Death - A multitude of disturbing factors with deathly overtones are discussed. (C4, I4, L4, V4, Z4)
- In Togetherness We Greet Ourselves - The Solars journey to the strange world of Tesearah, where all thoughts are public. (C4, I4, L4, V4, Z4)
- We Exist to Protect - Ember of Glory is interrogated yet further regarding his loyalties. (I1, L1, V1)
- The Cry of Ten Thousand - The Orrery of Lights is found and consulted; one more ingredient is acquired. (C4, I4, L4, V4, Z4)
- A Sprig of Verbena - The Solars are introduced to Nesula, who's brought along a friend of her own. (C4, I4, L4, V4, Z4)
- Would You Like To Learn A New Game? - Negotiations are re-opened with the Locust Crusade. (I4, L4, Z4)
- Divine Privileges - A decision about what to do with the imprisoned gods is reached. (C1, I1, L1, Z1, V1)
- A Petulant Deity - The Solars go to meet with the imprisoned Gods in Yu-Shan; Ahlat is nonplussed. (C4, I4, L4, V4, Z4)
- A Pox Zhan Your House - A visitor to the Summer Palace reveals that the Zhan line is suffering a death curse. (I4, L4, V4, Z4)
- Our Great-Great-Great-Great Aunt - Seeking to learn more about the death curse, the Solars visit Tara Zhan keep -- and Zee meets another relative. (I4, L4, V4, Z4)
- He Is Coming - Cerin drags the other Solars to the southeast, where they meet up with the Second Herald. (C4, I4, L4, V4, Z4)
- The Old Owner's Clothes - Do past shard lives matter? A vigorous debate is had. (L4, V4, Z4)
- Both Duty and Honor - Varanim sets Black Mastodon and his family to a task. (V1)
- I Hope She Flies - Zee shows off her new airships. (C1, Z1)
- Meeting the Twins - Lucent consults with the faculty regarding the creature he fought before his disappearance. (L1, V1)
- Shattering the Landscape - The Second Herald does battle with the Solars, breaking the very world itself in the process. (C4, L4, V4, Z4)
- Hang On, Captain - The Second Herald is defeated -- at great personal cost. (C4, L4, V4, Z4)
- An Undesireable Housecall - The Doctor comes by to check on Imrama's condition. (C4, L4, V4, Z4)
- Sunshine, Butterflies and Hope - A discussion turns into another argument about good and evil. (L4, V4, Z4)
- Two Simple Tasks - The Solars begin their planning for a journey to the Underworld, all in the hopes of saving Imrama. (C4, L4, V4, Z4)
- Journey Into Abbadon - The Solars journey into the heart of the dead sun, but without Imrama's ship it is a difficult trip. (C4, L4, V4, Z4)
- Rebirth of a God - Pluto is reborn, and the Circle meets some unexpected friends. (C4, L4, V4, Z4)
Book Fifteen - New Dawn Fades - Hell Below Me, Stars Above (
⚠ (:showhide init=hide div=book15 div2=book15sum:))
The Solars visit with several the Shadeborn. Lucent and Varanim grow much closer. Zahara and Lucent journey to the Lapis Court, and return with new fae companions. The ruins of the Chrysanthemum are investigated. Cerin performs maintenance assassinations in An-Teng. The Doctor heals Imrama's injuries, for a price. Varanim builds a manse in the Labyrinth, with a worrisome artifact attached. Spring returns from his quest, and begins -- slowly -- to mend the wounds left in the wake of Thirteen's departure. Fierce Red Star is interrogated further. Spring reveals that in his stomach, Loss of Innocence has become a strange new type of Exalt. Investigating the place where he was frozen in the First Age, Luc finds "his" tomb. The Solars journey to Malfeas and gather Ligier's tears. Varanim reveals the Mask of Summers, she and Lucent break up, and then she flees the Sunlands. Varanim learns Void Necromancy from the Mask of Winters. The Broken Suns strike at Solaria, causing great destruction and loss of life.
- Timeline For Book Fifteen
- Markuran the Raven - The Solars have an uncomfortable meeting with the returned Shadeborn. (C4, L4, V4, Z4)
- An Experimental Procedure - The Doctor is called in to repair Imrama. (C4, I4, L4, V4, Z4)
- You Also Built It In The Wrong Place - Luc investigates transforming his Cathedral into a manse, but encounters a humorous setback. (L1, V1, Z1)
- A Long-Awaited Spring - Spring returns to the Sunlands, and meets with Luc and Varanim. (T1, L1, V1)
- You Should Not Be So Afraid - Cerin encourages Zahara. (C1, Z1)
- Would A Few More Hobbies KILL You People? - Nim and Zee discuss the intricacies of shard/person alignment, with Lucent's balls on the table. (V1, Z1)
- Talk Of Your Assassination - Cerin surprises Luc with a dangerous plan. (C1, L1)
- A House In The Mountains - Cerin goes to visit Xuan Ei in the mountains of An-Teng. (C1)
- A Visit From The Maids - ... (L1, V1)
- Change Is Not Always A Bad Thing - Spring and Zahara are re-introduced, warily. (T1, Z1)
- I Suggest A Tree - Spring assists Varanim in her unusual manse design. (T1, V1)
- I Know That It's Coming - Varanim talks to Piercing Ivory, and receives a terrifying image of the future. (V1)
- It Might Be Funny - Luc enlists Varanim in a deception-laden plan. (L1, V1)
- The People We Were - Spring and Cerin raise topics on the state of the various Exalted. (C1, T1)
- What A True Circle Requires - Lucent and Imrama discuss the true nature of friendship. (I1, L1)
- Dance Without Moving - Lucent and Spring engage in a performance-training dance. (L1, T1)
- A Trip to the Caves - Lucent and Zahara visit a watery cave and discuss matters of the heart. (L1, Z1)
- A Basic Text - Spring and Varanim debate the importance of shard origins, and Spring attempts to make her a book. (T1, V1)
- I Work For Myself - Lucent and Zahara grill Fierce Red Star on the Five Who Have Fallen. (L1, Z1)
- Let's Build Us A Treehouse - Verbena and Spring accompany Varanim to the Labyrinth, that her manse might be constructed. (T1, V1)
- I Was A Warrior, Once - Spring recruits the first of his new squad of doctors. (T8)
- Before I Outstay My Welcome - Zahara lets Varanim attune to the Cascade. (V1, Z1)
- I Am No Great Leader - Zahara shares her feelings with a recuperating Imrama. (I1, Z1)
- There Will Always Be More To Learn - Spring and Zahara meet; the terrible state of the Oath Garden is tempered by efforts at reconciliation. (T1, Z1)
- That Doesn't Qualify As A Date - Lucent and Varanim argue about her associations with Abyssals. (L1, V1)
- Where Is That Stupid Chart? - Lucent discovers a missing piece in the mystery of the Green Lady; Varanim learns of an unusual connection to an unexpected Deathlord. (C4, L4, T4, V4, Z4)
- A Portrait of the World - Cerin shows off his interactive diagram of the world, while speaking to Spring of sensitive matters. (C1, T1)
- Nobody Has to Know - Lucent and Varanim's "secret" courtship continues to fail to end. (L1, V1)
- Let Us Make You Perfect - Zahara unloads more of her emotional stress on Lucent. (L1, Z1)
- I Am Here On Doctor's Orders - Varanim pranks poor convalescing Imrama, then stops in for a chat about Lytek. (I1, V1)
- Truth or Dare - Lucent plays the first half of a game of "twenty-one questions" with the Sisters of Empty Sand. (L1)
- Touch of the Emblem - A visit with Black Mastodon reveals a larger ghostly-spy problem than Cerin and Varanim previously suspected. (C1, V1)
- Losing Your Soul - Cerin and Varanim discuss the nature of souls. (C1, V1)
- Gardening - Cerin performs a targeted assassination in support of An-Teng's royal family. (C1)
- Very Soon, My Friend - Lucent and Imrama experiment with friendship. (I1, L1)
- This Is What It Looks Like - Varanim and Lucent share a semi-awkward night together. (L1, V1)
- Tales Make the Hero - Lucent pitches a series of novels based on the Circle to Zahara. (L1, Z1)
- Never Good At Reading People - Lucent and Cerin seek for answers regarding how the Circle relate to one another. (C1, L1)
- A Matter of Intelligence - Imrama speaks to Zahara about regional politics. (I1, Z1)
- But Aren't They... Babies? - Spring tells Zahara of the young Sidereals. (T1, Z1)
- Almost As Beautiful As You - Zahara shares her Cup with Cerin. (C1, Z1)
- Still The Sun's Children - Spring proposes investigating a way to reconstruct the Solar Shards destroyed to create the God-Exalts. (C1, T1, Z1)
- Book 15, Chapter 31 - Lucent proposes his novel-writing plan to Cerin. (C1, L1)
- Maybe a Winter Palace - Three Solars sit and discuss the political situation in the South. (C1, I1, L1)
- The Maw of Nine Dark Truths - Lucent (and company) learns more of the creature he battled in the South, and also discovers something shocking -- his own tomb. (C4, L4, V4, Z4)
- Innocence Found - Spring coughs up what used to be his stomach Abyssal; she is not as expected. (L1, T1, V1)
- The Weight of Tremendous Glories - Spring ventures into Varanim's hearthstone to confer with the General. (T1, V1)
- Never One To Shy From Excessiveness - Spring is taken to meet Nesula for the first time. (T1, Z1)
- I Could Do With a Night Off - Varanim joins Zahara for some much-needed carousing. (V1, Z1)
- The Mask of Summers - Lucent and Varanim go to speak with Crow-Devours-Flame; a surprise revelation by Varanim leads to recriminations. (L1, V1)
- A Handful of Silver - Luc and Varanim break up, very sad. (L1, V1)
- The Finest Kind - Luc and Imrama share drinks and discuss matters of Solar Purview. (I1, L1)
- I Like You - A tragic conversation, just before the Mask comes out. (L1, V1)
- Then Who Am I? - Lucent and Zahara speak of Lucent's suddenly questionable identity. (L1, Z1)
- My Heart is Stupid - Lucent angsts to Cerin about his relationship troubles. (C1, L1)
- A Circle Is A Family - Lucent and Spring discuss the nature of trust amongst Solars. (L1, T1)
- You Were A Marvel of Self-Control - Spring intercepts Varanim on her way out and pleads with her to stay. (T1, V1)
- And Some For Fancy Dress - A dinner is held for pleasure, and Lucent makes a literary pitch. (L1, V1, Z1)
- Time Will Ease The Wound - Lucent and Zahara exhume the Maw's victims, and discuss Lucent's breakup. (L1, Z1)
- The Crux of the Matter - Spring speaks to Lucent about Obsidian, and also his feelings. (L1, T1)
- Mud on the Carpet - Zahara and Varanim share a midnight chat as she absconds from the Cascade. (V1, Z1)
- My Better Interests Have Yet To Manifest - Varanim is intercepted by an Abyssal, and brought to meet with the Mask. (V4)
- A Long-Awaited Tea - Akuna comes to tea with Cerin and Zahara. (C1, Z1)
- Your Badges or Your Balls - Cerin and Varanim bust up one of the Sunlands infiltration cells in Netheos. (C1, V1)
- I Have A Dream - Lucent inspires his generals to take charge of his vast projects in the Kashaen lands, Gem, and the Sunlands. (L1)
- I Thought You Would Be Taller - Varanim accepts the Mask of Winters' offer to learn Void Circle Necromancy. (V1)
- Time To End This - A talk becomes an argument, and an argument becomes a battle -- all for the benefit of the Broken Suns. (C4, L4, T4, Z4)
- The Light of the Green Sun - The Solars journey to Malfeas to gain a long-neglected ingredient -- the tears of Ligier. (C4, I4, L4, V4, Z4)
- We Don't Need Another Hero - Zahara and Spring construct a Thunderdome. (T1, V1)
- An Exquisitely Helpful Note - Day three of training -- Varanim escapes a burning room, plunges to her death. (V4)
- A Ship and a Banner - Imrama and Zahara salvage her broken airship, and discuss a new project. (I1, Z1)
- Widely, Though Gently, Delusional - A discussion of healing arts applied to insane gods, held in an opium den. (I1, L1, T1)
- His or Her Portfolio - Imrama begins his quest to drive the lesser Deliberators to greater heights with the ambassador from Great Forks. (I4)
- I Do Have A Very Pretty Mask - Varanim completes her physical training, and begins to discuss the specifics of tapping the Void. (V1)
- A Doctor's Picnic - Spring learns about what makes his doctors tick, over a meal of meat and apples. (T8)
- Tomb Raiding Again - Lucent investigates his tomb, and the contents are not at all what he expected. (C4, L4, V4, Z4)
- For A Sun To Love A Star - Ligier weeps at the tragedy of his failed romance. (C4, I4, L4, T4, V4, Z4)
- The Sidereal Infantry - Spring brings the circle to meet the recently reconstituted Sidereals (C1, L1, I1, Z1)
- Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) - A Sidereal agrees to help Spring and Cerin with their anti-Broken Suns planning. (C1, T1)
- Innocence Unchained - Spring goes to visit Innocence and let her out of the White Room; she explodes two tangerines. (T1)
- For Once I Wish I Was Thirteen - The names are extracted from people in Varanim's vision of Luc's funeral. (C1, I1, L1, V1)
- Gaze Into The Void - Varanim sacrifices any hope of knowing familial happiness, but emerges a master of Void Circle Necromancy. (V1)
- To Mugadesh - Imrama begins to investigate bringing Lookshy's former client states into the Sunlands. (I1)
- Dead is Dead - A debate on the fine specifics of necromantic ethics. (L1, V1)
- A Matter of Faith - Imrama and Cerin discuss the tenets of the Faith Ecliptic. (C1, I1)
- I Am Looking For Something - Varanim unloads her burning questions on the Mask of Winters. (V1)
- A Great Deal of Strategic Information - Cerin pays a first visit to Swift Falcon, who is eager to get to work. (C1)
- Assault on Solaria - The Solars prepare for the Broken Suns' assault on Solaria, and discover the truth of Lucien's whereabouts. (C4, I4, L4, T4, Z4)
- Impact: Aurora District - The final strike in the Broken Suns' plan comes to fruition. (C4, I4, L4, Z4)
Book Sixteen - Waning Sun - Things We Lost In The Fire (
⚠ (:showhide init=show div=book16 div2=book16sum:))
A tale yet to be written in this Age.
- A Return - Varanim is met by a surprisingly pleasant reception as she returns to the Sunlands. (I1, L1, V1, Z1)
- Where Strange Trees Grew - Lucent and Imrama interview the Shadeborn Saraya about her misdeeds in life. (I1, L1)
- Three Zeniths - Varanim gets an internal tour of Lucent's psyche. (L1, V1)
- There's Always Been a Risk - Varanim speaks to Zahara about the possibility of going bad. (V1, Z1)
- Do They Ever? - Two couples share tea as Varanim is debriefed. (C1, L1, V1, Z1)
- A Remembered Sunset - Cerin has a painting to show off. (C1, V1)
- It Will Be Easier Now - Lucent and Varanim work through some issues. (L1, V1)
- No Great Epics - Varanim gives in to requests about her history. (L1, V1)
- A Tree Grows In It - A Shadowland is cleansed in a new fashion. (L1, V1, Z1)
- Aftermath: Solaria - The Solars debrief on the attacks on Solaria, and investigate the causes. (C4, I4, L4, T4, V4, Z4)
- Weapons of a Familiar House - Imrama and Lucent speak to Karal Linwei to investigate the source of the Broken Suns' weapons. (I4, L4)
- A Deadly Flower - Varanim and Cerin investigate the weapon used to destroy the Aurora district. (C1, V1)
- A Name and a Face - The Solars regather to compare their gathered information. (I1, L1, T1, V1)
- A Family Connection - Varanim digs into the history of the flower device. (I1, L1, V1, Z1)
- We Must Practice Obedience - Spring discusses his current pondering topic -- corruption of essence. (T1, Z1)
- Follow the Money - Zahara and Spring trace the funding for the Solaria attacks. (T1, Z1)
- Look Like A Beggar - Lucent and Varanim play dressup. (L1, V1)
- The Epic of the Queensblade - Imrama brings friends to assist in treatment of his heavenly father. (I1, L1, T1)
- Implementation Is The Problem - A plan for assisting the ghost population is discussed. (I1, T1, V1)
- Heavenly Pursuits - A visit to Heaven is made, for various ends. (C4, I4, L4, T4, V4, Z4)
- The Cabinet of Mystery - A visit is made to Lytek, god of Exaltation. (I1, V1, Z1)
- A Heavy Destiny - Lucent accepts a dark future in order to learn of the Sunlands' assailant. (L1)
- Not Giving Up - Imrama and Varanim speak to Holbar about their agenda for ghost-kind. (I1, V1)
- Return to the Basement - Varanim brings Spring in to check out her basement monster. (T1, V1)
- The Shattering - Lytek reveals a great secret of Yu-Shan's history. (C4, I4, L4, T4, V4, Z4)
Book Alpha - Crimson Blossom - One World, One Vision (
⚠ (:showhide init=hide div=bookA div2=bookAsum:))
The tale of the Order of the Red Lily.
- The Beginning - Or at least one of them (C4,L4,T4,Z4)
- Kingdom of Spores, Kingdom of Petals - The nascent God-Exalts search for allies. (C4,I4,B4,L4,T4,Z4)
- Seeking Claws and Knives - Shikaya and Holbar likewise meet with their gods (C4,B4,L4,T4,Z4)
Book Beta - Black Sea - To The Ends of the World (
⚠ (:showhide init=hide div=bookB div2=bookBsum:))
The tale of the Western Circle.
Book Gamma - Azure Dreams - On The Thin Ice of the New Day (
⚠ (:showhide init=hide div=bookC div2=bookCsum:))
The tale of Varanim the Younger.
Add a new log
- Map Of The Sunlands - A map of the Sunlands and its surrounding region.
- Relovias Message - The missive sent to the Solars by Relovia shortly after she began her infiltration of the Immaculate Order.
- Some Notes On The Making Of Exalts By The Lesser Gods - Some notes on the strange new exalts wandering about.
- Relovias Message 2 - Further reportage from the Solars' deep-cover spy within the Immaculate Order.
- Text Fragments - Fragments of documents discovered within a Rathess library.
- Relovias Message 3 - The latest report from Cathak Relovia.
- Map of Worlds - A stray paper from the floor of Iallu's room in Yu-Shan.
- Gospels of Laerad - Papers found in the hut of the Man of the Woods.
- On Souls - Document from the library in Vesathar Valley
- Exaltation Checklist - The parts necessary to create new Exalts, swiped from Lai Misuna.
- Taxonomy of Rexinus - Hundredfold races discussed by an ancient Dragon-King scholar.
- Tales of Ymir - Stories of Cerin's past life, from the library in Vesathar.
- War Reports - Information from the front lines, gathered by the Sunlands' network of spies and informants.
- The Saga of the Poles - The mysterious tale engraved upon the Elemental Poles of Creation, telling of the world's genesis.
- Sidereal Diary - Records kept by a Sidereal of the First Age.
- Wei Dans Story - The story of how Wei Dan gained enlightenment.
- Fiftyfold Ordination - A list of the Primordials and their associated things (a work in progress)
- Wei Dan's Chart - A chart Wei Dan kept under his hat.
- Labyrinthine Cascade - A map of the Labyrinthine Cascade and its important chambers.
- The Story Of Kilauea And Pentecost - The origin tale inscribed on Imrama's Plasma Tongue Repeaters.
- Exalt Origins - Some intriguing information about the dawn of the Exalted era.
- Eritrus Experiments - Experiment notes recovered from the soul lab in Rathess.
- Wyld Revelation - A vision of what is to come, and how Cerin might be saved.
- An Exaltation Story - The tale of Birds-of-Trinity's exaltation.
- The Twelve Processes - The core tenets of the Atomnosi religion.
- The Auric Temple - Map of the Imperial Manse.
- Visions Of A World Falling Apart - The vignettes of Calibration
- Big Creation - The expanded map of the world, post-Eclipse
- The Nine Seas - Saraj's map of the Nine Seas of the West.
- Dear Empress - A letter from Imrama to Zahara.
- Political Worldmap - The innumerable nation-states of Creation, ca. Calibration RY 769.
- Ymirs Diary - Ymir's secret diary, finally translated after ages of obscurity. (Excerpted)
- Constitutional Fragments - A group writing project on a foundational document for the reformed Deliberative, proposed by Imrama.
- A Letter To Spirits - Imrama's letter to the rulers of Greak Forks, and its initial response.
- Cerins Boxes - The contents of three mysterious boxes Cerin discovered in Ymir's office.
- The Shroud - Musings on the passageway between life and death.
- What Lies Beyond - An accounting of the largest societies that have come back into being after Creation's borders expanded.
- Varanims Chart - Speculations on the nature of Abyssal exaltation.
- Reading Of Lights - Details gathered by Cerin from the Orrery of Lights.
- The Skies Below - The constellations of Netheos.
- The Treehouse That Spooky Built - Notes on the necessary sidereo-elemental associations
- The Pathology Of Spiritual Ailments - Excerpt from the book of the same name, discussing the Creeping Black Sun Sickness.
- Minutes Of The Solar Deliberative - Excerpted minutes from sessions of the Deliberative.
- The Death Of Dead Gods? - Coming Soon!
- Chrysanthemum Scraps? - Coming Soon!
- Many Nations Missive - A letter from Imrama to several of the Sunlands neighbors, inviting them to join the Empire.
Add a new document
Edit the Other Resources
The Quasi-Canonical List of Problems: (
⚠ (:showhide init=hide div=problems:))
Kelly Asprooth-Jackson: things that are problems that we've been confronted with: FaFL, MoW, the SNAFU in Heaven, the Locust Crusade
Kelly Asprooth-Jackson: things that are problems but we haven't really been confronted with them yet: Akuna, Bodhisattva Anointed by Dark Water, the Lintha
Kelly Asprooth-Jackson: things that are problems but are still pretty much secret: Varang, Chiaroscuro, 2nd Herald
Kelly Asprooth-Jackson: things that are problems but I don't even know what they are yet: everything in the new territory of Meru
[email protected]/Home: hmmm
[email protected]/Home: that's a pretty thorough list
[email protected]/Home: there's the Five Who Are Fallen, but that's not really a PROBLEM so much as just a nagging mystery now that FRS is tied up
[email protected]/Home: and there's the meta-problem of the Lacuna, but that's obviously a main-arc kind of challenge
Kelly Asprooth-Jackson: yeah - you'll notice I didn't even mention things like the 1000-faced man (ed: and Erevel, and Reshina)
[email protected]/Home: yeah
[email protected]/Home: or things 1, 2, and 3 that I haven't told you about yet
Kelly Asprooth-Jackson: hahaha cry